Saturday, June 4, 2011

My Favorite Birthday Gift!


First HOH in DR!!!  Built by a DTS team from Hawaii!!  June 2011
 Homes of Hope Dominican Republic opened their doors this week and built their first house.  It is sooooo awesome to see HOH expanding their influence to be the hands and feet of Jesus to a new nation!!!!  Alleluia!!!

Malcolm - Leader YWAM-DR
Thank you to Malcolm you provided the leadership to make this happen.  Many of you have met Malcolm when he was running the Ensenda, Mexico base.  Malcom is so good with details (like having hotel room keys all ready for quick check in for tired families that have traveled all day :)


Thank you to Sean & Janet Lambert and Brett & Karen Curtis for your vision and courage to expand your ministry to another hurting part of the world and to all the American folks up and down the East Coast that will be blessed by building a home in the DR with their family.

Big Mommy, Saul, Big Daddy (nice Colts shirt!)
Thank you for Saul Perez, our friend that "has grown up at Homes of Hope right with us".  Big Mommy and Big Daddy bonded with Saul during their first build when Saul was struggling with his English and his confidence.  Through their support of love, friendship and financial support... we have watched Saul grow into a true man of God that is doing His work in sooooo many lives!  Saul even joined us for a Brickyard 400 race in 2008 and spent Christmas with our family in 2010.  Now he has joined Malcolm in developing a new Chapter of the HOH story in the Dominican Republic.

One more cool note... the first DR Home of Hope was built by a DTS School from Hawaii!!!!  Wow, connecting the dots :)

All you HOH, Defender, YWAM, CWAM, HCS, Bridgeway, Truth at Work team members that have poured into this mission... please celebrate with me today!  The poor are getting homes... and better yet, they are getting a great "taste of God".

Below is a note from Saul about the excitement of the first build. 


Saul & I at Defender Welcome Ctr 2010
Youth with mission San Pedro DR.


Saul Perez YWAM staff.


 I’m so happy to be able to work with HOMES OF HOPE.  I’ve been helping Malcolm getting things ready for the first house. It’s a great experience to be translating for Malcolm and visiting stores to buy construction materials.


 May 31 we started to build the first HOME OF HOPE with the Discipleship Training School from Hawaii.



We built for a pastor who’s name is Juan Bautista, It was great work to bless this family. One of the things I love about Him was that he is building a big church; he is building the kingdom of God before he even has a house. I can see God’s grace and God doing what He said in Matthew 6:33 but seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and these entire things will be given to you as well.



I have learned new things about construction; I’ve been able to use a lot of my knowledge as well.  Today I realize how much I know about doing Houses. As always I helped on the roof, here its way different because of the hurricanes so we use zinc which is a metal sheet. 


As we were building people of the area came to see the house, some of them ask me to go to their house and see where they live.  Some of the people were helping to build the house, so they tell me HEY help me to fix my house too, look I need new roof and a concrete floor, I was almost crying because I wanted to tell them YES I will help you.



 We tell them this is a HOME OF HOPE; we cannot say yet Homes of Hope we still have to build a lot more to be Homes of Hope. Let’s pray to God to continue building more HOMES.


 Thank you for helping me I’m very glad to be part of the first Home of Hope in San Pedro DR.

 Looking forward to the next builds in July. God bless you.

Jackie Ray helps Saul with the Trusses in Mexico


No comments:

Post a Comment