Saturday, August 13, 2011

Jessica's Testimony as translated this morning to Takamatsu Bible Church

We all have a story - our journey.

Today I will share my journey.

The story about why I am here today.

I was brought up in a Christian home and have always been a Christian.

But I did not ALWAYS listen to God,

or ask God what he wanted me to do with my life.

I only asked God for help when I needed something.

Last December my husband and I went to Hawaii for a week.

We visited the YWAM base, University of the Nations for their 50 year celebration.

We were surrounded by people who listened to God for everything!

At University of the Nations we met a married couple that were very similar to us...

They owned a business and we own a business

They had kids about the same age as our kids.

Their family had just finished a 6 month discipleship training course.

And that course changed their lives.

Dave and I looked at each other and said - Wow! That is cool.

But WE could never do that.

We were so involved in our business,

Our kids school,

Our friends,

Our activities.

There was just no way we could leave all those things.

But God clearly spoke to both of us while we were in Hawaii

He told us we had to do the Discipleship Training Course

And God said to do it as soon as possible (SMILE).

At the end of our week in Hawaii we had decided to move our family to Hawaii

To take a class that started in April.

It was hard to leave our comfortable life in Indiana

It was hard to become missionaries

but throughout this experience - listening to God brings me great peace.

Like it says in Proverbs 3:5-6


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart".

I believe that by trusting in God

And asking for his direction

That He is in control of my life

And everything happens for a reason.

So when good things happen, I thank God.

When bad things happen, I know God has a plan

And I look for the good in the situation.

Finding the good in everything gives me peace in my heart.

When I ask God everyday to guide me,

I know I am exactly where I need to be,

doing what I need to be doing.
There is no second guessing,

no wishing things were different or blaming others.

That is why my family and I are here in Takamatsu, Japan.

We listened to God and obeyed God.

We are so happy to be here.

This is the closest our family has ever been.

We were so busy in our lives back home.

We hardly ever saw each other.

Now we all share 1 bedroom!

In a house with 3 other people :)

God showed us what is important in our lives

And we can be happy no matter what our circumstance.
Thank you for being so welcoming to all of us.

We have enjoyed being part of your church for the last 6 weeks!

You are welcome to come to our home and our church in Indiana, any time!

Dave

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

3 comments:

  1. Jessie, what a beautiful testimony! Dad and I are so proud of you and how you have come to listen to God. Sounds like you have been touching lives in Japan. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camilla Blay SteinerAugust 14, 2011 at 2:11 PM

    Jess, you are awesome! I love to hear how God is moving you as a family. Miss you guys! Blessings Camilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, What a sincere and moving story. It is filled with tenderness and joy. You are truly a beautiful person. Love you to the moon and back! XOXO
    Big Mommy

    ReplyDelete