Sunday, July 24, 2011

Text from my testimony as it was translated

As a child I went to a Catholic school and I knew God. 

But I really hadn't accepted Him as my personal savior and I wasn't living everyday to glorify him.
 
Before my wife Jessica and I were married, we met with the Pastor of the of the Protestant church. 
 
He told us that often when people get married, it is a time for them to reconsider the role that God will play in their lives.
 
During that time my wife and I decided that we would build our marriage on something bigger than just ourselves. 
 
We would build our marriage and lives on God.  We would make God our Lord and Savior.
 
We were doing very good and life was good! 
 
After five years of being married, we decided to start having children and to start our own, new business. 
 
We made a goal and even wrote out a Post-It, to "Build a Family and Build a Business".
 
During the time of starting the new business, we wandered from God and instead leaned our ourselves. 
 
We thought that we could just work hard and do it all ourselves. 
 
We forgot about asking God for His guidance.  
 
Our business got off to a very poor start and our marriage was having great difficulties. 
 
God broke us during that time. 
 
One night, everything blew up, it was a sad night.  We were arguing and I remember us each on the other side of a locked door, crying.
 
Our hearts were broken.
 
In that moment God came to us and comforted us. 
 
We realized that we could not build our new business, or the family we wanted, without God as the center. 
 
We remembered back to when we were married, and our promise to build  our lives on God, not on ourselves. 
 
Since that night when we decided to build our business and our family on God, and keep Him as the Lord and Savior of our lives, we have been very blessed. 
 
Our business has grown from 2 employees on that night to over 2,000 employees now all over North America. 
 
We also have three beautiful children that are growing closer to the Lord every day.    
(Jessica & kids stand & introduced)

Last month all three children were baptized in Hawaii and chose to accept Jesus as their personal Savior.
 
And we believe that the reason all these blessings that have poured into our life over the past 13 years, is because every day we woke up not trying to glorify ourselves, but instead have TRIED to glorify Jesus.
 
We try. I know that I am a broken person, I sin and I make mistakes. 
 
The only way to be whole is through Jesus, who washes away my sins and forgives me and offers me grace. 
 
It's through the power of Jesus that we have been able to grow a family and grow a business.
 
Every day we try to treat our business and family like a gift from God. 
 
It all belongs to Him.
 
Thank you for letting me share my testimony.
 
After church if you would like to discuss my testimony more or ask any questions, I would like to talk with you.
(Then I passed out my business cards & told them to share them with anyone who may be helped by my testimony)

Dave

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

3 comments:

  1. Great blog, easy to follow and others to associate in their own lives. As I live my humbling experience is is apparent that was missing with our family. Even though I would pray for Gods blessing for all my family members we did practice as a unit...the good good out of it is it's created a thirst in my soul to work on my relationship with him. Thank you for touching us back home by sharing your walk, growth and evangelism as you influence those half way across the world.
    god bless you Jess for being the family catalyst as David receives hi marching orders from God...this synergy will allow God to touch multitudes of souls through your families(Cheeks as well)! Love and miss u all! Lil moo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correction. Did NOT practice as a unit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DL, Appreciate the vulnerability and the message. One of your best posts. Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete